Saturday, June 8, 2013

Last Night, attack from mutant crocodiles.

Living in the floating city a few miles over and west of the jungle was splendid. I was a young girl with purple hair and an orange bomber jacket. I loved slipping out and exploring the jungle below. It was easy, I had my transporter and could easily zip around at will.

One day my transporter broke and I was stuck on a cliff lover over a full and lazy river. I was starring at the water trying to solve the problem when a noticed a crocodile swimming about. Then two, then five, then fifteen, then thirty, then the river seemed to be teeming with them, at least fifty. Then they all turned around at once, as if hearing some distant command. Slowly, the water began to tremble. Out of the murky depths a giant monster arose. A white crocodile, the largest animal I had ever seen.  It was as big as an apartment building. It's skin was shiny and its eyes were a deep blue. It looked up and starred at me. It made some kind of horrible sound that was less an animal cry and more like a voice giving a command. The little crocs began to swarm and head in my direction. I knew I had to get the hell out of there.

I ran through the forest as fast as I could. The noise of leaves being brushed and ripped from their stalks followed me. The crocs could run, and they could run fast. Lucky the monkey inside allowed me to climb a fence that said, "RESTRICTED< GOVERNMENT PROPERTY: DANGEROUS."

Where the hell was I? Before running, I grabbed my phone. I hesitated to call Charlie because going down to the Jungle was strictly forbidden but I didn't have a choice.

"YOU ARE WHERE?"

You could say he was upset. Or you could say I spent the next five minutes listening to an arrangement of noises that occasionally sounded like a mixture of swear words and "WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING!?" There was no chance for me to speak in his rant, so I waited till he tired.

I gave him my location and told him that I was in trouble. It was hard to describe exactly what I had seen since I didn't even believe it.

His heli landed and he was still red in the face, a big cigar in his mouth puffing smoke fast. As he was yelling, his eyes drifted to the fence and his cigar dropped out of his mouth. I turned around, and saw exactly why his face looked terrified. The crocs had not given up. They were piling on top of one another to form a mound in order to get over the fence. "What the..." He didn't have time to finish the question, I pulled him back into the heli and we took off. The wind blew the grass and as I looked down the crocs had made if over the fence. Their black eyes looked up, their white shark teeth shinning... this was impossible.

Instead of going back to the city we went to Charlie's hotel, floating over the ocean just a mile past the coast. His hotel had been surrounded by a kid theme entertainment complex called Kippos as well as a medical research corporation, with restaurants scattered around the kiddo place. Why he had bought a hotel in the middle of nowhere was a mystery. But thanks to meddos and kiddos, he was now getting a lot of business. I leaned over the balcony and looked down at Kippos. I giant black cat building with anime eyes looked up from the center. Bright colors and garish patterns radiated from the place.

 I could see the mouth of the river meeting the ocean. The Delta was called Kuri. Charlie was on the phone and seemed to be also pissed at whoever he was talking to. As I looked into the distance, my heart sank. I could see them. The crocodiles. This time in the hundreds pouring out of the Delta like ants from an ant hill. And then, there she was. The white crocodile. She was somehow bigger than last time, and her blue eyes were scanning the sky. It was impossible, but it was like she was starring right at me.

The news blared behind. Crocodiles were destroying the stabilizing instruments below the city. There where thousands of them. Charlie pulled me from the balcony and we ran towards the heli.

No comments:

Post a Comment