Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Two nights ago, The pope was black and blood was running down my knee

My family was in Europe. We were having lunch. Someone stole my brothers wallet. Or was it his basketball? I tried running after the culprit but I then realized my knee was injured. Blood was running down my knee. I couldn't run, what was I thinking? The visit to the pope was next on our list. A huge crowd had amassed at the Vatican. Everyone was wearing red. My roommate and I were in the front row, and yet I could see the whole seen as if I was a bird floating above. The crowd started to move in unison, like a marching band, the pope shouting orders. The crowd made some mistakes, but the pope seemed pleased with their overall performance. My roommate wanted a signed bible so we waited in line. The pope was an elderly black man, with deep wrinkles around his eyes and mouth. My roommate got a bible but was too scared to ask for his autograph, so we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment