Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last Night, the ocean


There was a great hill covered with smooth rocks and pebbles. I sprinted down the hill like a mountain goat, scattering colored rocks. The ocean was before me and I dived in. Huge waves were crashing all around me but I deftly swam the currents. There was a long smooth beach, and a man was waving. It was Robert Redford. He plunged in and I heard a loud "Action!" The filming had begun. I was suppose to have drowned, with Redford pulling my lifeless body from the cool waters. "Cut!" The crew was gone. Redford and I just began to swim on our own. The day, once steal blue and cloudy, turned to a hot clear summer day. Redford wasn't Redford, but a inflatable pool toy. The hill and the beach were gone, and the ocean was now at the edge of my backyard porch. My backyard and the neighborhood were transparent, gone, and back again, like a ghost. I peered down and there were hundreds of schools of amazing fish. I put on some goggles and couldn't believe my eyes. It was astonishing, every kind of fish, zooming and darting. I yelled for my mom to see, but then I could see bigger fish, and shadows of sharks started to appear. How could I distract them I thought? I giant swordfish zoomed by, bubbles filled my field of vision. Then, more predatory fish appeared. More sharks. I had to get out of there. I wasn't safe. My house wasn't safe. No one was!

No comments:

Post a Comment