Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last Night, Star Trek, running, and a social worker's story

So last night was insane.

First, Captain Jean-Luc Picard was on the Enterprise. His ship an it's crew were battling the eye of Jupiter, a mysterious unseen creature/force that was bent on destroying humankind. But there was a traitor in their midst. Jean-Luc, in his quarters that looked like a futuristic windmill ( long, three stories, a spiral stair case) was confronted by a trusted officer. He looked possessed and a fight broke out between them. It was intense, crashing here, screaming there. Jean-Luc ( who at this time is me) takes one of his ancient swords from the 17th century and stabs the guy multiple times, feeling the blade run through his torso and being sprayed with blood caused me to run upstairs, I was convinced he was dead. But he wasn't! He got back up and now had the sword. I began to run, but then I was transported to another ship. It's was the eye of Jupiter's! Everything was red and built like tunnels, but it was extremely smooth and modern. And then I, Jean-Luc, started to give some speech, about how we can not tolerate this kind of evil, and I would not stop until the eye of Jupiter was destroyed. It seems like this being was speaking to me, belittling humans, threatening us, spouting how much we disgust it. ANd then I saw this eye, and with my hands I said something like we have drawn the line! And I scratched and gutted out this eyeball, only to reveal a jaw with bear like teeth. The eye of Jupiter wanted to show me what humanity was really like and a string, like a spider's thread, leaped from it's mouth. I batted it away and began to run, my hands covered with blood. But a small jaw shot out a tiny thread, and it attached itself to my brain. Then, I was at a burlesque show, and the most horrendous display of violence, greed and gluttony was on stage, with the crowd cheering them on. I was horrified and the eye of Jupiter was laughing.

Then I had a dream that I was in this competition and that it was a race. ANd at first I was really behind but soon I caught up with everyone, and I just kept running, I couldn't stop. I finally ran all the way home and it turned out I had run over 100 miles. But I still couldn't stop, I just needed to keep running, even though I feel sick. And then I found my old pair of ice skates and started to skate on my neighbor's driveway while she, dressed in some pretty provocative lingerie, was getting her mail and sweeping our her garage.

And then I was a Latina social worker, trying to help these two boys. One was in high school and the other was just a little boy. Their mother was on her deathbed and their father was a drunk. The high school boy hated me but the little boy and I became very close. I tried to get them to stay in school, to be fed and have doctor check ups. And finally I had had it, after the mother died I started to yell at the father, that he should be ashamed, and I started to yell at the high school boy, telling him he had only one shot to get the hell out of this neighborhood, out of this life, to avoid becoming his father, and that was to stay in school. I was screaming, and they were screaming and I left. When I came back, the entire apartment was empty, I panicked and started to cry and found the little boy in his room, all alone. What happened? I asked. His father had committed suicide and his older brother had taken off. I had to find the older brother, this was all my fault. AFter making sure the little boy was taken care of, I went to "the forest" a place where gangs and drug dealers hang out, near the entrance to a huge park. I was calling for him, and then this man grabbed me, he was going to rape me, but the high school boy came out of no where and saved my life. We became very close and I set them up with foster parents and a new school, but the high school boy still had so many ties to this group of dangerous drug dealers, I didn't know what was going to happen. The dream just ended with him in the lunch line, being taunted and ridiculed by his former friends for being in school. He just looked down and his plate and the dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment