Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last Night, The Ocean

I was on the Ocean. On a pitiful floating device. I had to paddle to get anywhere. The water was freezing. Someone had said that there was a shark. And there was. I couldn't see any land. I was absolutely terrified. I remember saying, "This is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream." And I also remember thinking, "Normally I love the ocean, and now..." And then, there was land! It was a golf coarse. I finally made it. I breathed easy. And then the shark beached itself. It was huge and terrible. It's black eyes staring at nothing. I felt the need to help it. I asked the people to help, but no one wanted to help. I splashed water on its gills. And then people started to see it was dying. Some people gathered around. Only a few helped me push. We got it in. I remember thinking, and this is when the fucking bastard takes off my arm.
And then, and then...there was an emergency. Across the bay. An old woman says a bridge is out. I can see where we need to go. We have to get down the cliff, to the boat, its the only way to get there on time. The woman had kites, so we flew down. I hoped that we would get there on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment